Sunday, November 17, 2013

IRB Intro Post #2: Quiet by Susan Cain

Quiet is a book in which Susan Cain argues on the value of introverts to society, who, according to her, are under-appreciated. She justifies her argument using specific examples of people and events to show how are way of life has been largely influenced by people who, as defined on the sleeve of the book, "prefer listening to speaking, reading to partying, who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion".

            After reading the rest of this blurb, I get the sense that this book will be in a similar format to blink. This is something that I didn't know upon choosing this book, I mainly decided on it based on the title and subtitle: “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking”. Since I would consider myself more introverted than extroverted, the main appeal of this book comes from the fact that it portrays introverts in a positive light. Therefore, I hope that I will gain a better knowledge of what skills or qualities introverts possess that separates them from the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment